What is Spirulina?
Spirulina is a spiral shaped microscopic blue-green algae which is believed to be the first form of plant life on earth, nearly 3.5 billion years ago. It is rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids (a type of antioxidant that can help protect cells from damage). It contains nutrients, including B-complex vitamins, beta-carotene, vitamin E, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium, and gamma linolenic acid (an essential fatty acid).
Studies suggest that Spirulina may boost the immune system, help protect against allergic reactions, and have antiviral and anticancer properties.
Is it safe to consume Spirulina?
* The World Health Organization (WHO) of the UN has recommended Spirulina as safe and nutritious for children
* IIMSAM to encourage Spirulina to combat Swine Flu
* NASA considers Spirulina an ideal food to have/grow on space stations
* In 1974 United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) announced Spirulina as the BEST FOOD FOR TOMORROW. In 1981 FDA announced as the "BEST NUTRITIONAL SUPPLIMENT"
* In 1983 Spirulina won the "BEST NATURAL FOOD AWARD" at West Germany Food Exposition.
How much to consume per day?
A normal adult may consume 4 to 6 capsules a day, a child under 12 years old may consume 2 to 4 Capsules a day*. If you are under medications, please consult with your physician or your health practitioner.
What is special about "Pondicherry Spirulina Farms"?
Since our plant is located on a natural environment by the sea shore, we believe we are producing the best quality product, which is certified by Pondicherry Food Cell department
*The information in this page is solely for education and information purposes. We do not provide any nutritional/medical advice.
People with health or medical questions should consult with their physician or health professional.